Support NJCU in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name the New Jersey City University Foundation as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.Get My FREE Guide
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and New Jersey City University over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left the NJCU Foundation a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because the NJCU Foundation is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will be put to use supporting NJCU students and programs.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Kwi Brennan at 201-200-3489 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the NJCU Foundation with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the NJCU Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: New Jersey City University Foundation
Address: 2039 John F. Kennedy Boulevard,
Hepburn Hall, 321,
Jersey City, NJ 07305-1597
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7261698
Prepare for the Future
Create a secure plan for you and your loved ones with our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit.Get My FREE Kit